The K-Shield School Readiness is a comprehensive online assessment service operated by AC&A’s Early Intervention Team to assess the preschool and kindergarten readiness of children ages 3 to 5 ½ years.
This new developmental screening service is extremely accessible and highly effective in capturing children’s strengths and weaknesses to identify those who may benefit from more intensive screening to address potential developmental difficulties/delays.
EVALUATE YOUR CHILD BEFORE STARTING SCHOOL
K-Shield School Readiness not only provides accurate developmental screening, but also combines live video consultations and interviews with experienced therapists, ASQ-3* screening tools and scoring, and multidisciplinary team assessments that result in educational guidelines and recommendations for intervention activities that parents and caregivers can use before the child enrolls in school.
*ASQ-3™ is a registered trademark of P.H.B. Publishing Co.
> Video Consulting
> ASQ-3 questionnaires*
> Recommendations of activities
> Guidance for educational success
> Documentation for scholarship application
> Full online support
An important component of deciding when to begin preschool is determining a child’s “preschool readiness”. Each child develops at a different rate, so no matter what the “typical” preschool age might be, there are a number of developmental aspects to consider.
The K-Shield School Readiness gives you an accurate idea of whether your child is developing on track and will enable you to pick the right preschool based on their strengths and weaknesses. A child’s success and happiness can be greatly influenced by the right curriculum and school environment.
K-Shield School Readiness
1. Choose the date and time from the calendar for your K-Shield Screening video consultation.
2. After payment, you will fill out an Intake Form so that our screener can have initial information about your child.
3. Within 48 hours, you will receive by email a link to a restricted area (Client Secure Library) Confirm your appointment scheduled, download and print the appropriate questionnaire (PDF file).
4. At the time of the first video consultation, the screener will review the questionnaire with you to make sure you understand how the questions relate to your child.
5. Take time together with your child to complete the questions on the printed sheets. Copy the answers to the online questionnaire in the restricted area and submit them.
6. The screener will score the questionnaire according to ASQ-3* parameters and present it to be reviewed by AC&A specialized therapists. Within 24 hours after submitting the answers, you will receive by email a link to access your restricted area and schedule the second video consultation.
7. At the time of your second consultation, the screener will share the results with you and discuss referral options if there are any developmental concerns. In addition to professional guidance, we will send you customized recommendations and activities to boost development at home before starting school.