Powered by Amee Cohen & Associates
Powered by Amee Cohen & Associates
Soon after birth, an infant will show off their personality and develop nonverbal communication in an effort for their basic needs to be met.
These early forms of communication exhibit as brief eye gazing at objects, crying or cooing communicating needs for physical bonding; being held and possibly soothed or fussing/crying to be fed. Development continues from infancy to childhood and may not always follow the same pace for every child, however, children do grow and develop acquiring skills at typical age-appropriate milestones such as crawling, walking, saying their first words at around the same age.
We believe Early Intervention, both therapeutically and academically, is a key part of the Educational Journey and leads to success.
Monitoring a child’s development for school readiness begins at birth and is a constant process. With that in mind, we have now released a comprehensive online developmental assessment service – K-Shield Screening – created for screening children from birth to 3 years of age designed for collaboration, continuity, and academic success.
Early intervention begins with a multidisciplinary team evaluation to identify a child’s needs. Research reveals that early intervention services can considerably lessen the effects of developmental delays.
AC&A has put together a multidisciplinary team that includes our specialists of occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, physical therapists, board certified behavior analysts and special educators to assist your child during the Educational Journey.
K-Shield Early Intervention is easy to access, simple to do and it can make all the difference.
In addition to providing fully accurate developmental screening, K-Shield Early Intervention combines live video consultations and interviews with expert therapists, ASQ-3* screening tools and scoring, as well as multidisciplinary team assessments that result in educational guidance and recommendations for intervention activities that parents, and caregivers can use to keep child´s learning progress on track.
*ASQ-3™ is a registered trademark of P.H.B. Publishing Co.
> Video Consulting
> ASQ-3 questionnaires*
> Recommendations of activities
> Guidance for educational success
> Documentation for scholarship application
> Full online support
K-Shield Early Intervention
1. Choose the date and time from the calendar for your K-Shield Screening video consultation.
2. After payment, you will fill out an Intake Form so that our screener can have initial information about your child.
3. Within 48 hours, you will receive by email a link to a restricted area (Client Secure Library) Confirm your appointment scheduled, download and print the appropriate questionnaire (PDF file).
4. At the time of the first video consultation, the screener will review the questionnaire with you to make sure you understand how the questions relate to your child.
5. Take time together with your child to complete the questions on the printed sheets. Copy the answers to the online questionnaire in the restricted area and submit them.
6. The screener will score the questionnaire according to ASQ-3* parameters and present it to be reviewed by AC&A specialized therapists. Within 24 hours after submitting the answers, you will receive by email a link to access your restricted area and schedule the second video consultation.
7. At the time of your second consultation, the screener will share the results with you and discuss referral options if there are any developmental concerns. In addition to professional guidance, we will send you customized recommendations and activities to boost development at home before starting school.